The Future of Work signals changes in workplace structures, job titles and industry demands. And as we embrace a digital age, coding skills have become one of the most sought-after skills among working professionals. Interestingly, the value of coding skills goes beyond the tech industry and into other areas as well.
Being proficient in coding can be useful not only for building software, but also in other areas. For example, if you’re into growth marketing, knowing coding can help you collect and process data in better ways.
Or in popular data management programs such as Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, where knowledge of coding can help you automate repetitive tasks. Coding skills can also be useful in industrial automation, such as when working with industrial robots. Finally, learning to code can greatly improve your problem-solving skills.
The good news: you can learn to code and take advantage of these benefits when you enroll in coding bootcamp 4Geeks Academy.
Whether you want to break into technology or simply stay competitive in your current job, this article aims to educate you on the best ways to acquire the coding skills you need to set yourself apart.
4Geeks Academy offers part-time programs for technical job seekers and career switchers that can be completed in less than three months.
Join 4Geeks Academy today.
3 tips to learn to code faster
While learning to code has become a popular choice for in-service training among professionals, it’s not as easy as it seems. You will have to do more than just watch YouTube tutorials or read articles. Three key factors play a role in learning coding skills more quickly and effectively: practice, mentorship, and community.
1. Practice by doing
One of the easiest ways to learn to code is to drop the big textbooks and start coding. Practicing coding will help you learn beyond theories and apply your skills thoroughly. Done repeatedly, you will gain a better understanding of the mistakes you are making and how to correct them.
If you want to put your skills to the test, you can take advantage of coding challenges found online or work on your own projects. That said, getting a mentor or guide will go a long way in making sure you’re on the right track.
2. Get a mentor
Mentors are experienced professionals who understand the ins and outs of their profession. Getting a mentor to guide you on your coding journey can help you find ways to get all the answers you need if you get stuck. These industry experts can also give you professional advice that you can tailor to your needs.
3. Join a community of programmers
Joining a community of programmers will show that you are not alone in your coding journey and that you can always reach out to one or two colleagues if you face challenges. Being part of such a community will boost your motivation and keep you in a good mood when you encounter obstacles in projects you are working on.
4Geeks Academy seems to understand the challenges of learning to code alone. Therefore, it has developed a learning system that provides all the above solutions to help students learn more effectively.
Why learn to code with 4Geeks Academy?
If you want to learn to code or improve your existing coding skills, 4Geeks Academy is the perfect place for you. With an immersive curriculum, flexible training schedule, and real-world hands-on projects, you’ll acquire in-demand coding skills in no time.
- Unlimited access to mentorship – get help when you need it! Students join the 4Geeks Academy GeekPAL community from day one of their enrollment. The student-to-teacher ratio of 5:1 ensures that students receive personalized help during class. Students or alumni can also ask code-related questions outside of school sessions, with answers typically provided within 15 minutes.
- Learn to code without quitting your day job† 4Geeks Academy offers its Full Stack Developer program on a part-time basis. This is designed to fit into your busy work schedule, meaning you don’t have to quit your day job to learn to code. Anyone, regardless of their background, including working professionals and parents with children, can enroll in this program.
- Lifetime access to career support. The focus is on the results, not just in your participation. Students will work with real-world data, solving practical challenges and improving their coding skills as they progress through the program. According to the school’s results report, 86 percent of 4Geeks Academy land a job after graduation, indicating the effectiveness of the bootcamp training method.
In addition to the part-time course, students can learn remotely from the comfort of their home or office without struggling to beat the traffic to attend classes.
- Never code alone† Once you register for the program of your choice, you’ll join a growing Slack community of programmers where you can share ideas and find solutions to any challenges you may face. The school’s Slack community is also a way to network and build lifelong learning partners.
- Be part of the 4Geeks community. Students can improve their coding skills by receiving relevant comments from a dedicated community of coding reviewers and contributors, and by accessing a variety of learning resources. In addition, students can also share their knowledge to help other members of the community.
Getting a job after 4Geeks Academy
4Geeks Academy offers lifelong career support to help you land your dream job in tech and thrive in your career. These services include the following:
GeekForce is a career service program designed to help students stay competitive in the job market. According to 4Geeks Academy, the GeekForce service has helped approximately 86 percent of students land a job within 100 days or less from the date of their graduation.
GeekForce services include the following:
- Optimize your resume, cover letter and professional brand (LinkedIn profile and GitHub) to get noticed by employers
- Go through pilot interviews to assess your strengths and areas for improvement
- Before each interview, receive further training in the use of various technologies to prepare for any assessments. 4Geeks has its own pool of automatically graded exercises so you can master your skills before work
- Receive weekly job openings from 4Geeks’ network of local and international recruiting partners
Workshops and unlimited learning opportunities
The academy offers various workshops for its students to facilitate continuous learning. Even after they complete the program and land their first job, they have lifetime access to 4Geeks professional support and resources. Below are some of the topics covered in these workshops:
- How to improve your coding skills
- How to improve your soft skills
- How to become a creative thinker
- How to boost your professional profile
- How to get in touch with other developers and potential employers
- How to express your ideas and collaborate with stakeholders
Develop your coding skills for the future of work
Whether you want to take on a technical role or just stay competitive in your current job, 4Geeks Academy provides a favorable environment for you. 4Geeks Academy has positioned itself as one of the leaders in providing the skills needed for the future of work. This boot camp is gaining popularity and has also obtained an operating license from the Florida Department of Education.
The school offers immersive programs in full-stack development, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. Visit the website to learn more about the programs and apply to 4Geeks Academy today.
The post Why learn to code with 4Geeks Academy appeared first on ailCFH.