Entrepreneurs use technology to their advantage in expanding their market and increasing their revenue. Digital marketing is an effective method of engaging with customers and promoting their brands. Experts, such as SEO specialists, use keywords to analyze customer behavior and determine their preferences. However, it can be difficult to come up with effective keyword ideas. That’s why it’s so helpful to know how to use the Keyword Planner.
Google Keyword Planner is a great tool for generating valuable keyword lists that you can use for your advertising plan. If you feel like you’re always looking for a good keyword suggestion, this is the article for you. In this Keyword Planner guide, we’ll show you what to prepare before using this tool, as well as some Keyword Planner tips.
What is a keyword planner?
Google Keyword Planner is a popular keyword research tool. This free keyword planning tool provides you with effective keyword lists that you can use to optimize your search campaign. The Google Keyword Planner can also help you analyze the search volumes of each keyword suggestion. If you are an SEO expert or just starting your career in SEO, the Google Keyword Planner is a powerful tool to have.
Why do you need a Keyword Planner?
Keyword research is an important part of digital marketing. If you are a business owner, consider using this method to promote your product to grow your sales. To have a successful campaign and increase the ranking of your web or blog content, you need to use relevant keywords. An SEO tool like Google Keyword Planner can generate the right keyword lists that you can use for your marketing campaign.
Keyword Planner usage scenarios
- Research keywords: When you search for a keyword in the Google Keyword Planner, you get a list of relevant keywords. This is a quick way to generate competitive keywords that match your products or services. It will also improve your overall campaign performance.
- To create search ad campaigns: The Google Keyword Planner allows you to create effective new campaigns with commercial intent through in-depth keyword research.
- To view keyword costs: When you use the Google Keyword Planner, you can see the average cost of your ads when they appear on searches for a particular keyword. This feature makes it easy to pick the best individual keywords for your campaign.
- To view the number of monthly keyword searches: The Google Keyword Planner can show you the monthly search volume of keywords. Keyword volume tells how often people use a particular keyword over a period of time. This can help you pick stronger potential keywords.
- To organize keyword lists: Another useful feature of the Google Keyword Planner is the grouping of keywords. It allows you to better manage keywords by grouping them into different categories. This will help you with your keyword performance.
Key terms you need to know to use the Keyword Planner
A search campaign is an advertising technique in which companies display advertisements on web pages based on user searches. They identify a user’s intent and use keywords to make their site appear when the user searches with keyword combinations related to their products or services.
A keyword is a search term that a person types into a search engine while surfing the Internet. Generic keywords are important to increase the ranking of your website. To attract more visitors, you need to identify and use keywords that people use when browsing. SEO takes keyword length into account as it can describe search volume. The three types of keywords by length are long-tail keywords, mid-tail keywords, and short-tail keywords.
A Search Engine Results Page, or SERP, is the page that search engines display after searching for a query. SERPs contain two types of results: paid and organic search results. Paid or inorganic search results are ads paid by companies to help their websites rank higher in the SERP. The organic search results are the most relevant results based on the keywords used in the search. These are not paid ads.
Search engine optimization, more commonly known as SEO, refers to the strategy of increasing your website’s rank on a SERP. A higher rank means more potential visitors and customers. SEO is the process of identifying what users are searching for and the most commonly used keywords. Knowing the search intent of users can help you determine the right SEO keywords for your website. SEO tools like the Google keyword tool are a great way to find keywords.
The landing page is where the user is redirected after clicking an advertisement, marketing email, promotion or any other form of online advertisement. The landing page is for getting target sales or customers. This is also a strategy to get the information from the visitors in exchange for a special offer.
Equipment you need for the Keyword Planner
- Computer. This is the main device where you install the Google Chrome internet browser. Chrome works on Windows 7 and later versions. For Mac users, your PC must have OS X El Capitan 10.11 or later.
- Google Chrome. The Google Keyword Planner is accessible in Google Ads, which you can access in Google Chrome. You must first create a Google account before creating a Google Ads account.
- Internet router and provider. Chrome runs on your computer when it is connected to the Internet through a router. There are many Internet service providers in the United States, such as AT&T Internet, Comcast, Verizon, and CenturyLink. According to HighSpeedInternet.com, Google Fiber is the fastest Internet provider in the US, with a maximum speed of 2,000 Mbps.
How to set up and use the Keyword Planner
Step 1: Install Chrome Browser
Before installing Chrome, make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements. Download the Google Chrome browser and install it on your computer. Chrome installer is free to download and use.
Step 2: Create your Google and Google Ads account
After installing the Chrome browser on your computer, you can now create a Google account. You must have a Google Account before you can create a Google Ads account. Once you’ve done this, go to the Google Ads home page and click the Sign Up button. You must provide the necessary information about your website when you create an account in Google Ads.
Step 3: Set your Google Ads account to “Expert mode”
Your account must be set to “Expert Mode” before you can use the Keyword Planner. There are two versions of Google Ads: Smart Mode and Expert Mode. Smart mode is recommended for beginners, while advanced users should use expert mode as it provides full Google Ads features and full control over your campaigns.
Step 4: Start Your Keyword Plan
You can access the Keyword Planner once you have set up your account. Go to the Tools and Settings icon and select Keyword Planner from the drop-down menu under Schedule List. This tool has two options for creating your plan. The first is the Discover New Keywords which allows you to search for a new keyword. The Get Search Volume and Forecasts option allows you to upload and use existing keywords.
Step 5: Create your first campaign
After you’ve created your keyword plan, you can start creating your first campaign. You can choose from the Forcast, Negative Keywords, and Saved Keywords page to create a campaign. You can still see the Keyword Forecast of your plan, but you are only allowed to change the keywords.
Importance of Keyword Planner for Business
Using a popular keyword tool like the Keyword Planner can help you get effective content ideas for your website. Your content should be based on the needs and preferences of your audience. The Keyword Planner allows you to tailor your content to what your target demographic is looking for.
Top Keyword Planner Tips: Use Keyword Planner Like a Pro
- Choose quality keywords: It is better to choose more business keywords than those with a high volume of keyword searches. A high search volume can also ensure that there is a lot of competition.
- Use Competitor Analysis: Competitive keyword analysis allows you to know and evaluate your competitor’s keywords. You can copy and paste your competitor’s landing page into the Keyword Planner to get keyword ideas to use for your campaign.
- Identify search intent: When planning your SEO strategy, you need to identify the reasons why people search and search for things online. The four types of search intent are information intent, commercial intent, navigation intent, and transaction intent.
- Use the filter function: Use the filter function properly. When Keyword Planner gives you a list of keywords, filter it to easily categorize keywords.
- Use negative keyword research: The negative keywords feature prevents irrelevant traffic to your website. This can help you save money and lower the average cost per click.
Keyword planner for different professions
|SEO advisor||SEO campaign, SEO strategies|
|PPC specialist||PPC campaign|
|Digital Marketer||Keyword Strategy Marketing|
|keyword researcher||keyword research|
|content strategist||Content Strategy, Content Creation|
Should You Use the Keyword Planner?
Yes, the Keyword Planner is a valuable tool to help you achieve your advertising goals. Advertising is essential for sales. Digital marketing is one of the most effective ways to bond with your target audience and generate more sales. By using Google Keyword Planner you can implement a better marketing strategy.
Frequently asked questions about using the Keyword Planner
Yes, the advertising and marketing industry is projected to grow 10 percent between 2020 and 2030, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which equates to more than 31,000 job openings.
The average annual salary of an SEO consultant is $72,212. Early careers with one to four years of experience can earn an average wage of $61,000 each year, while those with five to nine years can earn an average annual wage of $76,776.
Plenty of tools can generate a list of keyword ideas that you can use effectively for advertising purposes. Some examples are SEMrush, Scrapebox, Ahrefs, WordStream and Keyword Discover. Do your own research and study how these alternatives work so you can choose the best SEO tool option for your content.
Organic traffic refers to web traffic that your website receives as a result of your SEO work, although it is unpaid. Paid search traffic refers to web traffic you receive as a result of your paid search campaign.
The post A Keyword Planner’s Guide: Top Usage Scenarios and Professional Tips appeared first on ailCFH.